Location: Oldenzaal, the Netherlands
Who we are
KENC Engineering is an ambitious engineering firm based in Oldenzaal. We design and build bespoke equipment for market leading companies in the offshore energy industry. Over the last 20 years we have grown to a solid engineering firm with a spectacular track record. Today we are preparing ourselves to bring the company to the next level. In order to achieve this we are looking for ambitious, talented, down-to-earth engineers!
Your role as Project Engineer
You will work independently within one of the project teams that is part of our close-knit engineering department. Within the project team, you will be responsible for developing bespoke mechanical equipment on behalf of leading companies in the offshore energy industry. The equipment concerns innovative mechanical systems that are used on board of vessels to support offshore operations such as subsea rock installation or the installation of wind turbines. The position is autonomous which mainly concerns 3D CAD engineering in which you will be involved in the entire process from specification drafting to customer delivery. Systems have short lead times in terms of design and implementation – often only a few months between initial enquiry and final delivery. You will work from our spacious office in Oldenzaal (NL). Based on your own judgement, you will occasionally be expected to make short working visits to sites in the Netherlands, as well as to overseas locations or on board vessels. Among other things, this entails that you obtain approval for the design and calculations, as well as for proper manufacturing processes and final equipment testing. You will be a member of a team that is down to earth, but eager to be the best in its field.
Your ideal profile
- 0-5 years work experience in a technical SME environment;
- Mechanical engineering qualifications at a higher educational level [HTS/TU Mechanical Engineering];
- Solid expertise and experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks;
- Practical attitude and approach aimed at achieving the best possible customer solution;
- Accurate, punctual and results-oriented;
- Flexible and committed;
- In possession of an EU working permit;
- Fluent – written and spoken – in Dutch and English;
- Living near – or willing to move to – Oldenzaal region.
Why you should join us
- An independent position with substance, scope for personal development and good career prospects;
- Work on complex technical projects that also contributes to the energy transition.
- Work in a close knit team who help and support each other
- A good salary with a profit-share scheme and options to structure your own pension;
- An option to receive a permanent contract with a growing company with a pleasant, informal working atmosphere.
If you think you are the right fit to strengthen our team, send your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.
Business Development Manager
M: +31 6 308 469 86